Vibe Counselling is not a crisis service. If you or your loved one is needing urgent mental health support please go to the nearest hospital emergency room or contact the 24/7 Simcoe County Crisis Line * Toll-Free 1-888-893-8333. You can also contact Kidshelpphone.ca/call for confidential crisis e-services.

Social Workers are trained to help people with all kinds of concerns. They help people who are going through difficult times such as family problems, school problems, or dealing with a mental health concern. They help people who have been through or are still going through:

  • Sadness, Depression
  • Stress, Anxiety or Worry
  • Low Self-esteem
  • Grief and Loss
  • Trauma and Abuse
  • Bullying and Peer Pressure
  • Life Transitions
  • Self-Harm concerns
  • Body Image and Self Esteem Issues
  • Gender and Identity Issues
  • Substance Use Concerns

At the beginning, the counsellor wants to get to know you and asks questions about why you are seeking support. They also ask about other things in your life, such as family, friends, school, interests/passions, health and a little bit about your history. You share what you are comfortable sharing. The counsellor listens to what it’s like for you so they can understand you better and they talk with you to help you determine your goals for counselling.

In Ontario, the age of consent for mental health services is 12 years old. Counselling services are confidential. That means that if you are 12 years or older you can provide your own consent to counselling services and do not need your parent’s permission. However, it can be really helpful to have the support of your parent involved in the process of accessing counselling and to help you stay on track of your wellness goals. You will also need to provide your counsellor with your parent or guardian’s information as an emergency contact in case of a safety concern.



Looking forward to connecting with you! Please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch.